- 1 homemade double pie crust (my recipe here)
- 6 apples peeled and thinly sliced (you will want to choose a tart apple)
- 1 cup sugar
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons diced butter
- Prepare pie crust and line pie pan.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together apples, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie crust and dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust. *wet fingers with water and moisten crust, then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.