Happy Cinco De Mayo!
Here is my Grandma's amazing Beef Enchilada Recipe!
3 pound beef chuck roast
2 dozen corn tortillas
3- 4.5 ounce canned green chilies
1 large onion
2 large tomato sauce cans
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pound Monterrey jack or Mexican cheese blend
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Wrap roast loosely in wrapping paper (brown paper bag) and cook for 60 minutes or as package instructs. After baking remove from bag and chop beef into small pieces.
2. In large skillet melt butter add onion and green chilies. Cook until softened. Add beef.
3. In large bowl mix together tomato sauce and seasonings.
3. Grease large glass pans. In another medium sized skillet melt butter and lightly cook tortilla flipping to both sides. Fill tortilla with beef mixture and line in glass pan. Repeat process until beef mixture is gone.
4. After all tortillas are filled in the pans, pour homemade enchilada sauce over tortillas until 3/4 covered. Sprinkle desired amount of cheese on top and bake at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes.