In our town, the carnival always comes around the 4th of July. What I think of eating at the carnival is corn dogs! I thought why not try to make them at home!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 8 hot dogs
- wooden skewers
- Turn on your deep fryer and add oil.
- In a large bowl mix together cornmeal, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a medium sized bowl mix honey, egg, milk, and oil. Add liquid mixture to dry mixture and combine.
- Put hot dogs onto skewers. Dip into batter to cover hot dogs.
- Carefully drop corn dogs into hot oil. Rotate corn dogs to evenly cook. Cook until golden brown on each side.
- Remove corn dogs and place onto paper towel or paper liners.