While we are getting into the end of summer, there is still plenty of time to get all you can out of these hot days. In the 50's people went out and did things together a lot more than they seem to now. Summer officially ends September 22. From now until the end of summer I want to challenge you to complete this list. These are common fun things that we should bring back doing more!
1. Drive-In Movie- Pack up some blankets and pillows and go to a drive-in movie. Find an old radio and do not forget to bring the batteries! Laying out in the cool summer night and watching movies is one of my favorite things.
2. Make Homemade Lemonade- Lemonade and summer go hand in hand. You can buy it almost anywhere, but it is nothing like homemade. Fresh squeezed lemonade on a hot summer day is a perfect refresher. Need a recipe? Link Here
3. Go on a Picnic- Pack a blanket, basket, food, and drinks! Find a quiet spot and set up! Do not be in a rush to go anywhere, just relax in the outdoors with your loved ones.
4. Sunday Drive- Or any day you have time to be in no rush and without a destination. Simply a drive meant for no errands or task, but for leisure.
5. Host a Summer Gathering or Party-This can be as small or big as you want it to be! It could be simply having a few friends or family over for a BBQ or going all out and having a themed party! (Like a Retro Tiki Party Link Here!)
6. Get Milkshakes- Find a retro diner and stop in for milkshakes! Steak n' Shake could even work. Sit at a bar or booth with your favorite flavor milkshake!
This checklist is to simply go back to a time to enjoy your surroundings and the people you are with. Take a picture of your activities from the list and share them on Instagram or Facebook with #50ssummerchecklist