A cool treat to make for those hot summer days!
- homemade pie crust (click here for my recipe)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 tablespoon flour
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3/4 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 bananas sliced
- heavy whipping cream *
- Prepare pie crust and bake until golden brown.
- In a saucepan over moderate heat mix sugar, salt, cornstarch, and flour. Gradually stir in milk. Stir constantly until mixture thickens and boils.
- Add in egg yolks and boil for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add in butter and vanilla to mixture.
- Let mixture cool while you arrange sliced bananas into prepared pie crust.
- Pour cooled mixture over sliced bananas.
- Chill pie in fridge for several hours.
- Whip heavy whipping cream with mixer. Top chilled pie with whipped cream and garnish with leftover sliced bananas.