- homemade pie crust (my recipe here)
- pumpkin pie pumpkin (2 cups cooked pumpkin)
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- heavy whipping cream for topping
Preparing and Cooking Pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse pumpkin and cut in half. Scoop out pumpkin seeds (great little snack if you clean and bake the seeds).
- Place pumpkin halves into baking dish, and fill bottom with water.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until fork inserted is tender.
- Scoop out insides and blend in mixer until pureed.
- Prepare pie crust and line pie pan.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine brown sugar, salt, flour, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. In a small bowl combine cooked pumpkin, evaporated milk, and eggs. Mix wet ingredients into dry.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until set.
- Enjoy served with homemade whipped cream on top!