This is my Grandma's recipe, she has made these cookies since she was a teenager in the 40's. They are my Dad's absolute favorite, because they are so delicious! I hope you enjoy them just as much. They are a perfect cookie for this time of year!
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- *powdered sugar for rolling
- In a large bowl mix butter, powdered sugar, and almond extract.
- In a small bowl mix flour and salt, then add to other mixture. Mix in almonds.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- While oven preheats put dough into freezer to chill.
- Make 1 inch balls with dough and place on a cookie sheet. Dough does not expand, but have dough evenly spaced out without touching.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- While cookies are warm from the oven, roll in powdered sugar. After cookies have cooled, roll again in powdered sugar.