A hearty meal fit for Saint Patrick's Day or any day.
- 4 pound corned beef brisket
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seed
- 9 peppercorns
- 2 bay leafs
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- 2 onions peeled
- 5 potatoes peeled
- 5 carrots peeled
- 3 beets peeled
- 1 head of cabbage quartered
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons grated horseradish (depending on how hot you want it)
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- Put corned beef, yellow mustard seeds, peppercorns, bay leaves, thyme, and parsley into large pot. Cover with cold water. Bring to boil then reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for about 3 hours.
- Add all vegetables except cabbage, cook for 45 more minutes.
- Add cabbage and cook for another 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Before it is done, prepare sauce by mixing all ingredients together.
- Serve corned beef and vegetables with sauce.